Welcome to my AS Media Portfolio

Click the Play button for Introduction

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Icon Design

My original concept was to use a 'cog' design for my icon, anchoring to the magazine title 'crank'. However, I have decided to redesign the icon as I believe it does not match the style of the magazine, and will not have a punchy effect when on the shelves amongst competitors-brand identity is hugely important in the magazine industry. I then decided to use a simpler, clearer font style, which spread across the whole page, making the icon larger and easier for the audience to recognise amongst competitors, with bolder colours.


However, during the development of the magazine, I realised that the simplicity of the font reduced brand identity, and decided that the icon required a more unique font, with a background. I searched font styles online, and used 'VTKS Distress' as my magazine title font, as it anchors the magazine's 'house style' very well, and it is very prominent on the page.

I then edited the logo further, with a shadow to extend the text out of the page, making it more aesthetically pleasing, and more prominent on the page. I also changed the colour of the font to silver, which has connotations of being modern through technology, and relates to the unique concept of my magazine: to consider how modern technology has changed music and make use of it throughout the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment