Welcome to my AS Media Portfolio

Click the Play button for Introduction

Wednesday 11 November 2009

My Music Magazine Name Ideas

Through research, I have recognized that most modern music magazines have names that, sometimes, very roughly correspond to what they contain.


Examples of names of rock music magazines:


  • Q Magazine
  • Kerrang!
  • NME: The New Musical Express
  • MOJO
  • Rolling Stone
  • Wire
  • Spin

After investigating these names, I have concluded that most of them are short, so that they are simple, and easy to remember, but also ‘punchy’ and will have a large impact amongst a selection of other magazines.
I have developed a mind map of magazine titles that I could use, which I believe follow a similar style to other modern magazines:


  • CRANK! (with a ‘COG’ style font)
  • Flare
  • Flame
  • Crunch
  • Li-quid (the magazine could be priced at £1- Unique Selling Point being that it is cheaper than most other music magazines on the market)
  • Pulse
  • Tune
  • Beat Route (play on words)

I removed certain names, such as ‘Adrenaline’, because although it relates well to this genre of music, the word is too long, and will not have a strong impact on consumers.




No comments:

Post a Comment